Welcome dear viewer, to my blog

Whether it's Nedroid or XKCD, SMBC or Amazingsuperpowers, or many other webcomics, they'll be put up to review here. I've read webcomics, and some are definitely good, some are bad, and some are just awful. I'll be reviewing some of the comics I frequently read, along with some that I've heard are just awful. I've read comics for years, so I figure, why not review them. It should be fun, and at the very least, the comics will get more views. At time of writing, I only have my four favorite blogs in the section I'm reviewing. As time goes on however, I will be adding more and more comics to my list. I'll post a review of the comics the day after, or the day they're posted. Check when they're updated, and then check my blog the next day.

Thursday 7 April 2011

Hazing Bartholomew

So two comics today. I'm very pleased that Nedroid is updating so frequently, sometimes he'll almost have a full month of nothing, but then he'll make up for it like this. It's awesome, because I love these comics. So without further ado.....Nedroid!


I suppose we should start with some basic background information for those of you not following the comic from the start. Bartholomew was a cat that Reginald drew in an attempt to make a comic, like Garfield. He seriously did not understand how cats work. It's interesting here though, because unless I'm mistaken, up until this point, Bartholomew had been entirely imaginary and just a character in the comic. All in all, I like the comic, because the art change between the actual comic and Reginald's comic shows clearly how Reginald isn't that talented, and I almost think it's a mockery of his early art style. Also, talking cats! And the word bonk! I love both those things.


As for Superpowers, well, I supposed it's time for a good hazing
I like this comic, because immediately when you see two frat boys, you'd think they'd jump at the chance to down a full keg of beer. But no, they throw it off a cliff. My biggest question about this frat is were they near the cliff? Or did they have to walk a very long way? The background and the ground looks basically the same in both areas, but I think building a partying frat house near a giant cliff would be a very bad idea. The secret comic was good, mainly for the hilarious sound effect. All in all, a decent day for comics.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha silly reginald, and the two frat boys misinterpreting what the other said is very funny :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I really liked today's comics, To bad their are only two.

    ReplyDelete